The WBF Shopper
The classified column
of the airways
The WBF Shopper is heard Monday through Saturday from 9 to 10am. Listeners from all over central Florida call The WBF Shopper to buy, sell, trade or give away items on the radio, for FREE!
To announce your items on the The WBF Shopper - call 863.533.0745!
The WBF Shopper has been the place to buy, sell, or trade items for local listeners for almost five decades. Continuously on the air since 1969, The WBF Shopper is still the number one show of its kind in the central Florida listening area.
Guidelines for The WBF Shopper
The best way to ensure the maximum number of listeners will get on the air is to limit every caller to:
- One (1) telephone call per day,
- A maximum of three (3) items per call,
- A maximum of three (3) calls per week.
- Please keep your ad short. Don't forget, others are waiting to use the program.
- You can look up how times you have called the program by visiting Shopper Caller Phone Numbers.
When calling please be mindful of backgroud noise. You can't sell your items, if we can't hear you.
And remember no telephone calls are placed 'on hold' prior to the program, all telephone lines open when The WBF Shopper begins.
- Speak Up, Speak Clearly, and Speak Slowly.
- Announce your telephone number, twice.
- Avoid feedback, turn down your radio, while announcing your items.
- If we have problems with background noise, we will move on to the next caller.
In addition the staff and management of WWBF or Thornburg Communications, Inc., makes no claims or offers as to products being sold on The WBF Shopper by our listeners.
Having trouble getting on The WBF Shopper, try these tips:
- Listen to the program on the radio, FM 102.9 or AM 1130. The host of the program will announce when the phone lines are available and/or open.
- Listeners tell us, using the redial and automatic callback features, offered by the telephone compnay, don't work all the time.
- The most successfull way to get on The WBF Shopper, is dailing directly, and lots of patience and a little luck.
- Advertise your items using our online version of The WBF Shopper, for free!
- If your call is disconnected, prior to getting on the program, possible reasons are...
- You have reached the limit of three calls per week. This is the most common reason.
- You have already called the program. Remember, only one call per day.
- Our telephone screening system cannot determine your telephone number.
Rules for The WBF Shopper
The following is a partial list of items not permitted on The WBF Online Shopper:
Ads and/or items violating these rules, are not permitted on The WBF Shopper.
- Selling animals of any kind including dogs, cats, primates, cage birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish, cows, bulls, goats, etc. Animal parts, blood, or fluids are also not permitted, including stud/breeding service. Looking to buy an animal is allowed.
- Commercial or home businesses (including flea market items).
- Rentals, Rental Property or Rent-To-Own.
- Alcohol and tobacco products.
- People looking for specific work and/or jobs.
- People looking to buy, collect, pickup, or haul scrap metal or any unwanted items.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment, including access cards, satellite TV equipment (ex: Direct TV / Dish Network), signal jamming devices, password sniffers, unloopers, cable descramblers, or CB radio linear amplifiers.
- Fireworks, including "safe and sane" fireworks or any destructive devices or explosives.
Firearms on The WBF Shopper
For the purpose of the Shopper, a person selling or buying a firearm is defined as: "a documented resident of the State of Florida, making occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms and/or ammunition for the enhancement of a personal collection. In addition, the selling of firearms and/or ammunition cannot be the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms.
Florida law permits private firearms transfers between residents without processing through a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL). While no State of Florida license or background check is required to purchase a rifle, shotgun or handgun from a private seller, we suggest a firearm and/or ammunition seller confirm that the buyer is
Click here to access The Florida Crime Information Center, if you are concerned about buying a stolen firearm. You will need the serial number of the firearm, to conduct the search.
- not a convicted felon
- 21 years of age or older
- a documented resident of the State of Florida
- has a vaild and current Concealed Carry Weapons Permit